2) Christmas Party at Lake House Tigoni 1pm – 6pm Sat 24th Nov. 3000 Ksh cash only payment. Limited spaces
3) Movement, Stability and Prehab Webinar with Dr Jordan Shallow from the US. 9am – 11am Sat Nov 24th. 250 Ksh.
DanceFit – mix of Dance and CrossFit on Thurs 7pm. Free to members. Guests 750 Ksh
CrossFit Kwetu – CrossFit
3 ROUNDS OF
1 Length Straight leg Bear Crawl
10 Russian Kettlebell Swings
20 Banded side step( stand on one end, spreading your feet a small amount. Bend at the hips to loop the end of the band behind your neck.Place a slight bend in the knees while you keep your chest up.Slowly step to the side)
HANG POWER CLEAN (1RM)
5 MINUTES TO WARM UP THEN:
Every 2 minutes, for 16 minutes (8 sets):
Hang Clean x 1 rep
Start at around 65-70% of your 1-RM, and try to build up to 1RM
Run 5,000 meters
Run 5,000 meters
*4 Laps Round The Block and 1 Big Lap Up The hill.
Athletes can perform this as Rx’d, just at a slower pace.
Athletes should reduce the distance in order to finish in under 25 minutes.
Run 3,000 meters
*2 Laps Round The Block and 3 Laps Up The Hill
Mobility To be done pre and/or post wod – Try to
Try to do this at least 3 times during the week
If you are unsure on the movements please ask one of the coaches. Please ensure you replace ALL mobility gear after use.
1. Foam rolling – Lats and rear deltoid – 2 mins each side
2. Foam rolling – Calves – 2 mins on each side. Ensure to get outside and inside
3. Lacrosse ball on floor – lie on floor with ball behind your shoulder blade and raise your arm straight from hip to over head, thumb pointing up
Banded joint distractions
1. Banded knee distractions – 2 mins each side
2. Banded wrist distraction – 1 min each side
3. Banded elbow distraction – 1 min each side
1. Samson stretch – 2 x 30s on each side
2. Preacher stretch – either straight arms or on elbows (ask your coach if you are not sure)
3. Hamstrings kneeling with leg straight in front- 2 mins each side
Dynamic Movement –
1. Over head duck walks
2. KB OR DB Windmill – hold a KB or DB in a strong overhead position in 1 hand and with the other hand reach down to the same foot, creating a straight , vertical line between both hands. Great for your lower back.
3. Wrist release – using a ball roll the heel of your palm and then whilst stretching the fingers back the flexors of the hand and fingers by rolling along
the under side of your lower arm from wrist to elbow.