CrossFit Kwetu – CrossFit
In the remaining time perform as much of this as possible. Work first on the areas in which you are weak.
1. Foam rolling – Quads – 2 mins
2. Foam rolling – Upper Back – 2 mins
3. Lacrosse ball against wall or barbell in rack- Tricep
Banded joint distractions
1. Banded groin distraction lying down, weight holding knee down, band pulling groin up – 2 mins
2. Banded ankle distractions – 1 min each side
3. Banded hip distraction – 2 mins each side – Band around ankle, lying on floor, band pulling leg out!
1. Hamstring stretch – Deep hamstring stretch elevated on a box with weight. Roll your vertebrae down and up. 2-3 mins.
2. Choose 2 front rack stretches – 2 mins each (triceps, shoulders, lats, thoracic – can use a bar)
3. Bridge – Accumulate 2 Mins
Dynamic movements –
1. Goblet squats with release – use weight to pull your butt over your heels and get your torso more upright. In this position put the weight down and MAINTAIN THE SAME UPRIGHT TORSO. Repeat x 5 for 20-30s each time.
2. Sotts Press – Use a bar or PVC and in the bottom of an OHS perform 5-7 presses x 3-4 sets.
3. Climb up against the wall. Get your noes and toes as close to the wall as possible but leave your hands a little further away. This creates a dynamic stretch in the shoulders and upper back.
7 Sotts press from power position – PVC or bar only only
10 KB Swings
10 Kipping swings
Min 1 – 6-8 reps Weighted ring dips OR ring dips OR ring stability in support positions
Min 2 – 2 x 3 Kipping swings – i) shoulder drive, ii) shoulder drive, iii) hips to bar – arms straight throughout
Min 3 – 20s in bridge
PVC Tempo power snatches
4 rounds of –
High hang power snatch
Low hang power snatch
Full power snatch
Increase weight to working weight for the WOD
7 rounds for time of:
5 power snatches (60/43)
1 sub-0:40 200-m sprint – up the hill
5 power snatches (50/35)
1 sub-0:50 200-m sprint
5 rounds for time of:
5 power snatches (30/20)
1 sub-1:00 200-m sprint
If the sprint takes longer than 40 seconds, redo it before moving back to the snatch.
RUN IS UP THE HILL INSIDE THE COMPOUND
TIME CAP – 21 Mins